How to buy bitcoins at LocalBitcoins
LocalBitcoins is a household name in the industry. It offers a safe, quick and convenient way to buy bitcoins using a number of payment methods, such as bank transfers and cash payments. We recommend LocalBitcoins for quick bitcoin purchases for amounts up to $10,000.
These are the steps you need to make to buy bitcoins via LocalBitcoins.
- Open account. You’d need to choose a username and password and enter your email address to do that.
- On the home page at LocalBitcoins, you will need to specify the amount you would like to buy in your currency, enter your location and preferred payment method.
- Check the available sell offers (there's normally plenty to choose from) to find the one that meets your needs in terms of price and payment conditions. Please always check seller’s track record and reviews before transacting.
- Most Bitcoin sellers at LocalBitcoins accept direct cash deposits that you can make at a nearest branch of the seller’s bank. This is probably the fastest and easiest way to buy smaller amounts of bitcoins. There are also numerous sell offers using online bank transfers as payment.
- Send the payment using the instructions provided by the seller and click “I have paid” button in the step 2 in the buying bitcoins flow.
- Once the seller confirms receipt of your payment, the bitcoins will be credited to your LocalBitcoins account (which acts as a Bitcoin wallet too) from which you can transfer them to any Bitcoin address.
- Please be advised that during the buy process, seller’s bitcoins will be held in escrow by LocalBitcoins for everyone’s peace of mind.
Here is the link to a buying bitcoins guide at LocalBitcoins complete with screenshots and a video tutorial.